domenica 9 marzo 2014

Working for Microsoft (part 2)

Here we go again! Welcome back and happy new year! I know i have been inactive for a while (maybe more than a while...) but now I am ready to get back my blogger soul and start writing again. Last time I left you with the promise I would finish the second part of the post "Working for Microsoft". During the group interview we had to attend some presentations provided by internal employees, I still remember E.B. as he made me think I was in the right place for me. Anyway I fell in love with Microsoft at the first sight and I was ready to do everything in my power to be hired. Will = power. During the first interview we have been asked to:
- introduce ourselves
- make a small introduction in English as well
- splitted in groups, we had to work on a project.....I remember it was about a problem around how to organize a call center. Let's say: problem solving stuff & leadership. Then, all together we had to discuss our solutions.
In the meantime, the recruiters were taking notes and observing carefully our behaviours, interactions etc

After that we have been asked to wait outside the conference room. I was joking with other guys, I remember their ambition. I was much more relaxed, quite sure I was not going to pass the HR step......I just didn't have the min requirements, it was fair. At the end one recruiter went out and called 6 of ours. The others were asked to wait a little bit or to go in another floor. Basically what happened was that couple of candidates was considered for a specific division and after the interview with managers, we should have been comunicated the results.

I had my second inteview tha same day, for a Channel Marketing position in SMS&P. I simply didn't have any clue about Microsoft's business (only the consumer part of it) and I didn't know that much of technology. I was just passionate and motivated to do my best. Apparently this was the best card to play. I passed the second interview as well and I got it communicated on that afternoon straight.

The last step was the final interview with the manager, or better, The Manager. He was taugh. I still can see me saying bullshits like "Well, Microsoft Operation Systems: Windows 95, Windows Xp, MacOS" O_O wait a minute: MAC OS??!?!? Ok, it was not my best interview ever, probably the worst one, but at the end my motivation supported me and kept on hoping. After 1 week still no reply by HR. I booked my flight to NY, also my hope started having some doubts. But just few days before leaving for my trip I received the call: they wanted me to start immediately. Sorry, see you when I am back. So in February 2010 my IT journey kicked off in Microsoft Italy.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento